A meat grinder allows you to enjoy a home-cooked chemical free healthy ground meat. Whether you want to make hamburgers or sausages the grinder advances your technique. A high-end meat grinder enables you to grind fine meat in just a short period. Grinding meat at home is not just safer it gives your meat better texture and flavor. Choosing the right meat grinder from the wide range of brands available in the market can be challenging. This timeless kitchen appliance has been used in homes and even in hotels. Choosing the right meat grind ensures that your kitchen needs are adequately satisfied. It is, therefore, vital to ensure you choose a good meat grinder.
Tips on Choosing a Good Meat Grinder
Type and size of meat grinder- The best meat grinder for an average home owner is the average size that is suitable enough meat for two to three people. However, to grind more meat especially while making sausages or hamburgers it is important to buy a more powerful and fast meat grinder. The grinder you buy should be appropriate for the purpose, frequency and capacity you intend to cook.
- Cost-There are different types of meat grinders with discrepancies in function and price available in the market. The price of a meat grinder based on the kind of motor integrated internally. Sometimes a certain style may be pricier and it is important to choose the grinder that suits your price range. The price of the meat grinder may differ based on commercial grade and features. A buyer can first make a list of all the important features that they require from a meat grinder and then make a decision based on features. There is a big range of grinder prices. Electric grinders have a powerful motor hence are more expensive than manual grinders.
- Type of grinder- There are different types of meat grinders and choosing the appropriate grinder will ensure you get most from the grinder.
- Manual meat grinder- Manual meat grinder is most appropriate for people who do not frequently grind meat. It requires effort to operate the tool. However, the manual grinder has maximum durability and if very effective.
- Standalone meat grinder- This grinder enables you to grind large chunks of meat in a short period of time and without much effort. It can both be used on its own or accompanied by some replacing plate giving user different shapes of the food.
- Meat grinder attachment- The meat grinder attachment plays the same role as a stand mixer. It is most suitable for professional cooks and also homes that require a wide variety of cooking tasks.
- An additional attachment aids in the perfect grinding of meat.
- Most meat grinders can be dissembled and cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Quantities of Meat- Consider how frequently you will use the meat grinder. Whether you intend to use regularly or for just casual purposes is important while choosing a grinder. A more powerful grinder is appropriate for people who intend to grind meat frequently. If you intend to use the grinder regularly it would be important to choose an electric grinder that can grind in different sizes.
- Stand Mixers
- If you intent to grind large quantities of meat once in a while, then choose a grinder with a stand mixer. Some grinders offer stand mixers on purchase.
How to choose the best meat grinder
- Electric and Manual Meat Grinders- While some meat grinders require manual effort to operate, others are electric. In manual meat grinders, a person is required to rotate the machine for the meat to be ground. In electric meat grinders, you are only required to switch on and the machine begins to operate. The electric meat grinder features a powerful motor and is suitable for commercial purposes. Home users can use the electric meat grinder to grind large amounts of meat.
- You can also consider if the grinder comes with a warranty. You can also read reviews from other people who have used a certain type of grinder.
· Parts- Grinders are sold with parts including blade, screw, cover, hopper, pusher and plate. You can select a large plate in case you will be grinding large amounts of meat. If you will be grinding small amount of meat, then choose the small plate.